Shallee @ Life, the universe, and writing is holding her blogfest today! Click on her link to check out all the entrants.
The rules:
"On Tuesday, January 18th, blog about ANY part of your writing process-- how you create characters, how you plot your novel, how you organize your rewrites, your whole writing process from start to finish, anything. Even if you're a complete pantser, tell us your pantsing process. Do you write chronologically? Jump around? Edit as you go, or just dump it all on the page? Let us know!"
Here is my writing process:
I dump it all on the page- no kidding. an idea gets stuck in my head and the first thing I do is write the idea down. I then leave the note book alone.
See I have this problem- I cannot just jump right into typing, I have to hand write the story first.
After the idea is written down I store it in my head for a day, or a few hours, or possibly two days just pulling more and more into the idea until I have an outline in my head of where I want it to go.
I write the outline out, then start writing the story. I write until I have completed every structured point of the outline.
Then I go back and add in descriptions, quirks, more dialogue, and what not. Then I do a self edit.
After I self edit I send it to my critique group for editing. Then I rewrite until I think it shines.
I use this same process for my Academic papers as well. Always hand written first, then outline, then finalizing. I think it is easier when I can physically see a structure to write from.

0 Yorumlar