Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Stan Kenton, Freedomland 1964

Before I get to the picture of the day, I thought I'd mention that I had the pleasure of meeting the world famous blogger and commenter Connie yesterday. Hi Connie!

Today's image was in a small group of stereo slides; about a dozen of them were labeled "World's Fair", but they are really from Freedomland! They are pretty terrible, actually - except for this one, which is clear and colorful (and gives a remarkable sense of 3-D when looked at through the proper viewer).

Stan Kenton and his band are performing on a modest stage with whimsical cartoons of musicians painted on the back, while a small crowd gathers. Stan himself is barely in the photo, you can just see him partially obscured in shadow to the extreme left. My dad was always a big fan of Stan Kenton, I can still remember the covers on some of the 78 rpm disks from his college days!


Sadly, this was Freedomland's last year of operation. I just know the Russkies are to blame somehow!

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar